Nestlé in Canada
At a glance
- Canadians first saw the Nestlé name on canned milk products imported from Europe in 1887
- Manufacturing began in Canada in 1918 with the purchase of a small milk factory in Chesterville, Ontario. Four years later, the company was incorporated as Nestlé's Food Company of Canada Limited.
- Today, Nestlé in Canada employs approximately 3,500 people in over 20 manufacturing, sales and distribution sites across the country, with the home office located in North York, Ontario.
- Nestlé Canada Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nestlé S.A.
- Nestlé in Canada’s annual sales in 2014 were approximately $2.3 billion.
Our organization is grouped into key divisions, each charged with developing and marketing some of the country's best-known brands.
Chocolate and confectionery
Needless to say we make many of Canada's favourite chocolate bars, such as KIT KAT, COFFEE CRISP, SMARTIES and AERO. We also make your favourite boxed chocolates like TURTLES, AFTER EIGHT and QUALITY STREET.
Coffee and beverages
Nestlé created NESCAFÉ, the world's first and still most popular brand of instant coffee. We also make TASTER'S CHOICE, the world's first freeze-dried instant coffee, NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO and COFFEE-MATE. Today, our leadership in beverages extends to such preferred drinks as NESTLÉ CARNATION HOT CHOCOLATE, NESQUIK, NESFRUTA and NESTEA ICED TEA.
NESTLÉ PROFESSIONAL is dedicated to helping you grow your food service business. By working with Nestlé Professional you’ll get access to a range of solutions and our committed teams whose mission it is to make your business a success. Our solutions are carefully designed to suit a range of businesses and channels.
Ice cream and frozen desserts
From low-fat and light options such as REAL DAIRY 50% Less Fat & Frozen Yogurt and SKINNY COW, to indulgences like HÄAGEN-DAZS and DOLCETTO and childhood treats like DRUMSTICK and PARLOUR, Nestlé makes many of the summer treats - ice cream, bars, frozen yogurt and more - that Canadians love most.
Nestlé's unique understanding of nutrition and food and our ongoing collaboration with healthcare professionals is one reason those professionals turn to our clinical nutrition products like PEPTAMEN and NUTREN and for consumers purchasing at retail locations, BOOST. You can also start your day off right with CARNATION BREAKFAST ESSENTIALS. And mothers rely on our infant nutrition products like NESTLÉ GOOD START Infant Formulas and GERBER cereals, snacks and meals.
Day after day, NESTLÉ WATERS helps Canadians stay refreshed and well-hydrated by offering the widest possible choice of bottled waters, wherever is most convenient for them - NESTLÉ PURE LIFE, PERRIER, SAN PELLEGRINO.
Nestlé Purina PetCare
NESTLÉ PURINA PetCare is a leading Canadian pet products company with a commitment to improving pet ownership and the well-being of pets through outstanding products and services.