Working with our local communities to make a difference in the lives of Canadians has always been a high priority for Nestlé. We go beyond just providing financial support to good causes to ensuring our community partnerships reflect what is important to our businesses and the people they impact including our employees, consumers, customers and other stakeholders.
We work together with these partners to develop programs and support initiatives that make a meaningful difference. That’s why we’re a founding partner of Kids Help Phone, a national service that provides professional counselling to 4,300 Canadian youth every week over the phone, via live chat and online.
We also work with Food Banks Canada, not only providing food and beverage products to stock their shelves, but supporting programs like Feeding Families that gives guidance and training to ensure families are eating well, regardless of their life circumstances.
Collectively, Nestlé businesses in Canada gave more than $2.5 million to community partners and programs through financial and in kind product donations, as well as fundraising efforts.
This giving is driven in a big way by our employees who donate their time and money to many worthy causes.
Some of the many community groups we support include:
- Aberfoyle Adopt-A-School
- Boy Scouts / Girl Guides
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Breast Cancer Society
- Canadian Red Cross
- Companies Committed to Kids
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada
- EATracker (Dietitians of Canada)
- Food Allergy Canada (formerly Anaphylaxis Canada)
- Food Banks Canada
- Friends of Mill Creek
- Hope Mountain Centre for Outdoor Learning
- Humane Societies
- Kids Help Phone
- Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides
- National Service Dogs
- Ontario Brain Institute
- Ontario Veterinary College – PetTrust
- Parkinson’s Foundation
- Paws for the Planet – Evergreen
- Ronald McDonald House
- St. Felix Centre
- Therapeutic Paws of Canada
- Tim Hortons’ Children’s Foundation
- United Way
- University of Guelph